• The Director of Development and Marketing is a key leadership position for the ASO responsible for driving marketing and development strategies in alignment with ASO's organizational strategic goals
• This individual will spearhead marketing, public relations, and annual fund development, as well as collaborate with the ticketing team.
• They will be responsible for all aspects of marketing the Symphony as well as administering the Symphony's Annual Fund.
• The successful candidate will prioritize relationship building with a broad range of constituencies, excel in time management, think strategically in alignment with organizational goals, and be focused on developing and launching processes that will strengthen the organization's capacity to increase earned and contributed revenue.
• Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends when required by event schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and manage the organization's CRM
• Implement and drive a successful multi-year, comprehensive fundraising campaign in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors that meets or exceeds established financial targets for the Annual Fund
• Reporting on financial targets and goals in line with board meeting cadence, and in alignment with strategic goals of the organization
• Assist the Executive Director in all other areas of giving including program advertising, corporate gifts and sponsorship, foundation gifts, endowment gifts, and legacy gifts
• Participate in all fundraising event planning, promotion, and execution
• Create and reinforce the institution's brands and ensure consistent delivery of message across all platforms
• Oversee the production of and manage all social, digital, and traditional marketing campaigns and collateral
• Collaborate with the Education Manager to grow enrollment and participation in programs through targeted promotion
• Reporting on marketing metrics and goals (reach, interactions, conversions) in line with board meeting cadence, and in alignment with strategic goals of the organization
• Oversee the development and implementation of season subscription, single ticket, and special event sales campaigns through all mediums
• Maintain and distribute a Master Patron's Communications Calendar
• Represent the ASO at performances and events throughout the community
• Assist the Executive Director in establishing appropriate ticket sales, fundraising, and event goals; prepare regular reports and projections
• Serve as part of the senior management team in assisting the Executive Director in setting and implementing institutional strategic goals
• Negotiate contracts with outside marketing and development vendors and evaluate their work
• Actively participate on appropriate Board committees
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have:
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a marketing and fundraising professional
• Strong, proven written, verbal, and organizational and time management skills
• Experience developing income projections, expense budgets, and executive summary reporting
• Experience leading and motivating volunteer committees
• Strong social and interpersonal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and CRM systems
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills
• Experience working on a performing arts organization and/or passion for the arts and its vital role in enhancing the quality of life in our community
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email to Dana P. Baker, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.