• The Director of Development is a key leadership position for ASO responsible for driving fundraising development strategies in alignment with ASO's organizational strategic goals.
• This individual will spearhead annual fund development, as well as collaborate with the ticketing team.
• They will be responsible for all aspects of administering the Symphony's Annual Fund, including actively fundraising to meet annual goals.
• The successful candidate will prioritize relationship building with a broad range of constituencies, excel in time management, think strategically in alignment with organizational goals, and be focused on developing and launching processes that will strengthen the organization's capacity to increase earned and contributed revenue.
• Must be available and willing to work evenings and weekends when required by event schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
FUND DEVELOPMENT FUNCTIONS
• Oversee and manage the organization's CRM
• Implement and drive a successful multi-year, comprehensive fundraising campaign in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors that meets or exceeds established financial targets for the Annual Fund
• Reporting on financial targets and goals in line with board meeting cadence, and in alignment with strategic goals of the organization
• Manage and execute all areas of giving including program ad sales, corporate gifts, sponsorships, foundation gifts, endowment gifts, and legacy gifts
• Participate in all fundraising event planning, promotion, and execution
• Assist the Executive Director in establishing appropriate ticket sales, fundraising, and event goals; prepare regular reports and projections
• Serve as part of the senior management team in assisting the Executive Director in setting and implementing institutional strategic goals
• Negotiate contracts with outside marketing and development vendors and evaluate their work
• Actively participate on appropriate Board committees
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have:
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a fundraising/fund development/sales professional
• Strong, proven written, verbal, and organizational and time management skills
• Experience developing income projections, expense budgets, and executive summary reporting
• Experience leading and motivating volunteer committees
• Strong social and interpersonal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Strong knowledge of CRM systems
• Demonstrated management and leadership skills
• Experience working for a performing arts organization and/or passion for the arts and its vital role in enhancing the quality of life in our community
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references via email to Dana P. Baker, executive director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.